American Express now offer a network of lounges around the world that card holders have access to prior to flights irrespective of what carrier or class they are flying.
The Sydney lounge was opened in late 2014 and was a great addition to the lounges available at Sydney Airport. But it was quite limited for space and could get fairly crowded. As of last week American Express have opened a brand new lounge in Sydney Airport, located near gates 50-63. The new lounge is over 600 square meters and three times the size of the original lounge!
According to American Express the lounge is operated by global premium airport hospitality specialists Plaza Premium Group and offers guests a premium airline lounge experience, including:
- Three shower suites featuring L’Occitane en Provence products;
- Complimentary food and beverages featuring a variety of vegetarian, vegan and wellness options, an exclusive dining area, and live cooking stations;
- Full service bar including a selection of cocktails and wide selection of craft and international tap beers;
- High-speed Wi-Fi and charging stations and quiet resting areas;
- Flight information screens, and a selection of local and international magazines and newspapers.
Interestingly the new lounge features a 'live-cooking' station where guests can order off an a la carte menu as well as dedicated work spaces.
Naysla Edwards, Vice President of Brand, Charge Cards and Experiences at American Express said “Airport lounge access continues to be one of the most valued benefits for our card members and we know from the success of our lounges around the world that travellers appreciate the stress-free environment, complimentary dining, and luxury amenities that our American Express Lounges offer,”
How do you get entry?
As long as you hold one of the eligible cards pictured below and a boarding pass for a departing flight on the same day you will be granted entry.
It should be noted that some of the cards offer unlimited access and some only offer a certain number of entries per membership year. But no matter what it is a pretty good perk to have!
I am looking forward to trying out the new American Express lounge next time I am travelling through Sydney Airport.
Subscribe to pointy end of the plane
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox